Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Section 508 and Accessible Web Design

I recently saw a post by a Wendy, apparently she lives right here in ballard. She just wrote a book on Universal Design which heavily stresses web accessibility. See O'Reilly site: Universal Design for Web Applications

It got me thinking about web design and my previous career. I know the aspect of web design I enjoyed the most wasn't the actual design, it was the learning about all the different aspects that go with it: browser differences, screen sizes, accessibility, etc and the challenge of finding a design that would accommodate as many factors as possible. I liked the accessbility design in part because it was an under-addressed issue but also because it seemed to go hand in hand with simplicity... and I use that term loosely as there is little simplicity in a large, complex educational organization like where I worked.

Its got me thinking about stretching that part of my brain again.

No comments: