Thursday, April 17, 2008

UFO #2: An honest to goodness quilt

Years in the making. Actually it may be 5 years. I finished the quilt top, added the batting and backing and pinned it all together and then quit. I was intimidated by the binding. I tried one technique on a potholder and hated it so much I just stopped. I finally tackled it by buying some bias tape. I tried the bias tape on another potholder and it turned out so much better, so I finally tackled it.

And after I read everything I could get my hands on, I finally tackled it. I am impressed how well it turned out, especially after I gave up on it so long ago. It is like seeing it with new eyes. From practically a throw away, to something I don't "just like" but now really value. Cool beans. It is now on my daughter's bed, but I've decided to make another one for her so I can keep this one around my craft room... maybe having it in sight, it will help me spur on some other UFOs.

No comments: