Sunday, April 13, 2008

Deck out my ride

Let's not use the term p-mp. You just cannot use that word in a story involving craft sewing with snooopy fabric. Apparently the Spring cleaning bug has started to bite. I not only decided that I really needed to clean out my car, but for some reason I decided that the center console, which holds DD snack foods, drinks, glasses, coins, etc was getting too dirty and I just couldn't get it clean enough in the car. So I went ahead and disassembled the car, removing the center console and brought it in for a through cleaning. I was am to figure out I could remove the useless coin tray that was in it and did nothing but attract lint and dirt which was impossible to get out of. The car maker obviously did something right... the coin tray could be traded out with 'blanks' that were to the left of the steering wheel, so now I don't have to keep watching that gather dirt and crumbs for the next 4 or 5 years.

While I had it out, I decided to replace some of the black felt tray liners with something a little more cheery. So, I traced out the pattern and sewed up a few with some Snoopy cartoon fabric I had. Certainly brightens up this black and grey interior, doesn't it?

No comments: